At Peason Financial Group, we believe it is essential for those who are retired or nearing retirement to understand the best ways to help navigate the complexities of planning and saving for retirement. When you work with us, you know you’re working with a Retirement Income Specialist who understands the best ways to help you preserve your savings and turn it into a renewable source of retirement income.
Retirement Financial Planning
As retirement income specialists, we work closely with our clients to provide you with retirement planning advice that gives you the best chance of achieving your long-term financial goals. Our retirement planning services include strategies that can help you:
- Generate steady income in retirement
- Minimize your exposure to market risk
- Maximize your tax savings
Although the growth-based financial strategies you used during your working years might have been effective in helping you grow your retirement savings, those same strategies could jeopardize your financial security in retirement. To avoid that risk, it makes sense to work with a retirement consultant who can help you focus on income-based strategies designed to help you now preserve your savings so you can use it as a source of ongoing income.
Understand, this doesn’t mean that you can’t remain invested in the stock market once you near retirement. But a certified specialist in retirement income can help you stay in the market with less risk by shifting your strategic investment focus from capital gains to stock dividends.
Retirement Income Process, Strategies, and Solutions
We are committed to working with you to:
- Create an effective retirement income plan to help you maintain your desired lifestyle over the course of retirement.
- Identify retirement income needs and objectives and evaluate your current situation relative to those goals.
- Choose appropriate strategies to address income gaps.
- Evaluate taxation, estate issues, and other risks to the retirement plan.
- Prepare alternative solutions to mitigate plan risks.
- Choose appropriate strategies for monetizing assets over retirement.
- Integrate approaches, risks, products, and strategies to help create an effective retirement income plan.
Sources of Retirement Income
- Recommend the optimal Social Security claiming age appropriate for your situation.
- Choose the optimal retirement age.
- Choose appropriate uses of annuities.
- Evaluate sources of retirement income, including executive benefits, life insurance, benefits provided for federal employees, and planning for business owners.
- Understand the issues in building a retirement portfolio.
Managing the Retirement Income Plan
- Choose a tax-compliant and tax-efficient strategy for planned withdrawals from tax-advantaged plans.
- Recommend the best health insurance options.
- Select a method for funding long-term care needs.
- Help with retirement housing decisions.
- Consider the ethical issues in retirement income planning.
- Create and manage retirement income portfolios appropriate for your situation.